Tuesday, July 6, 2010

my daddy said

in my ELEMENTRY SCHOOL year book, my dad wrote.
FIRST IN BEAUTY.
FIRST IN BRAINS
FIRST IN THE HEART OF HER FATHER.
this taught me two things about the man who bearly spoke to me.
One that he loved me
two I knew now where I got my writting ability .
if u could say I have any ability to write at all.
All of my family are artists. All but me. I could never draw a thing. But I could draw a picture with words. At least,that was what I like to tell myself.
He loved westerns and movies about the drinking brawling pub masters.
He loved the quotes I came to coin .all for his amusement
GET IT DONE JOHNNY REB
WE GO...........
IT DON'T MAKE ME NO NEVERMIND.
THAT'LL BE THE DAY.
SO WHILE DADDY NEVER SAID MUCH, IN A WAY, HE DID..........AND WHAT HE SAID WAS WORTH REMEMBERING..

No comments: